1000 Bruxelles 1000 Bruxelles Rue Neuve 48 - 50 50.851856 4.354804
AT A GLANCE
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading international multichannel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands.
The Group has over 2,400 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
The Group embraces the latest online and instore digital technology providing it with a truly multichannel, international platform for future growth.
Purpose of the role
In this role you will be joining a fast paced and ever growing International business and you would be responsible for all employee related policies, practices and guidance for all JD employees within Belgium. This role will directly support the Benelux Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Belgian Area Sales Manager (ASM) to ensure adherence to local and national labor legislation.
The incumbent will provide input and will coordinate cross functionally the overall people strategy as outlined by the RSM and UK Group HR with regards to recruiting, managing headcount, performance management, succession planning, employee development and legislative compliance.
As a resource, your role will provide data analysis regarding turnover, labor utilization, succession planning, employee complaints, management guidance and the execution of discipline and terminations.
- This position will be responsible for acting as the subject matter expert for all of JD’s HR needs, questions, and concerns throughout Belgium.
- Support Store and ASM to ensure proper response to employee questions and concerns, as well as policy and procedure violations.
- Be a single point of contact for all employees within Belgium on any HR matters concerning them.
- Remain abreast of all employment legislative change and ensure all matters are communicated internally with regular auditing within stores.
- Manage internal investigations where necessary to determine validity of complaints and advise solutions.
- Work directly with UK HR for all corporate HR objectives tailored for local market needs and expectations.
- Partner with ASM to review and optimize team performance through performance management, succession planning and employee development.
- Work collaboratively across all functions to ensure the smooth and timely opening of all new and/or remodeled retail locations.
- Monitoring of employee hours, reconciling employee contracts, vacation time, sick days, leave of absences are properly tracked and administered and have an overview of all payroll related matters.
- In conjunction with the relevant training function, provide support and on-going training for store and field management in the areas of employee relations, employee grievance resolution, employee retention, HR processes, and JD policies and procedures.
- Conduct disciplinary or grievance meetings in line with legislation, but also offering solutions to prevent future issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Human Resources, or a relevant field, combined with a minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience working with diverse HR policies.
- Must be able to speak and write both French and Dutch fluently, with a good level of English preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regional employment laws and agencies, and compliance related issue resolution.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Experience of working with and advising line managers.
- Team orientated.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
- Must be willing to travel periodically to the U.K. other countries in which JD does business and local stores from time to time.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a passion for the role, sector and desire to be part of a fast paced growing International business.