Senior Social Media Executive [based in NL]
Aalsmeer Aalsmeer Oosteinderweg 247-B 1432 AT
JD Sports Plc - at a glance
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading multichannel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 1200 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
The Group embraces the latest online and instore digital technology providing it with a truly multichannel, international platform for future growth.
For our Multi-Channel team we are looking for a Senior Social Media Executive! The purpose of this role is to work with the Multi-Channel team, Marketing team and Social team to maintain, improve and grow the social media channels for the JD International social channels. To produce weekly reports and monitor the success of ongoing social media marketing campagins and activity. To ensure JD International social media channels are kept up to date with content, respond to queries where necessary and develop on online community.
- To continually build and improve the social media channels and offering for JD International channels across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other channels;
- Ensure regular content is pushed out across social media channels;
- Build and retain a loyal customer following across all social media channels;
- Maintain and enhance online conversation through the creation of engaging content;
- Work with the Global Social team, JD International Multi-Channel team and Marketing team on developing integrated strategies that ensure social is always in the heart of what we do;
- Work with the buying/merchandising team on ensuring all relevant product is being promoted and showcased in the best way possible;
- Work with brands and third parties on promoting campaigns and competitions;
- Carry out strategies and campaign ideas that will help improve follower numbers and interaction figures across all channels;
- Help to develop new channels and/or improvements to existing channels such as YouTube;
- Develop the use of a social monitoring tool to gain consumer insights, target influencers and report success;
- Report back on any campaigns and competitions to show the benefits and coverage obtained. Also, commercial results for each campaign where necessary so we can showcase the benefits and value of social to the wider business;
- Work with the wider marketing team to ensure relevant/up to date content is being pushed out across all channels;
- Develop the weekly reporting pack to show week-on-week and also trends over time of social performance to present weekly;
- Continually monitor relevant competitors and inspiration sources to report to the wider team;
- Develop a paid social media strategy which integrates with the wider team;
- Continually monitor advances in social media and technology and share any interesting findings and points of interest to the wider team, to ensure the JD International social channels are always capitalising and are at the forefront of new advances.
The candidate we are looking for:
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work as part of a small team in a fast moving environment;
- A willingness to learn new skills;
- Experience dealing with customers;
- Previous experience of blog writing and social media community management is essential;
- Experience of scheduling and planning of social media;
- Strong organisational skills essential;
- Excellent grasp of sneaker knowledge and sportswear brands a distinct advantage;
- University graduate or equivalent marketing qualification is advantageous.
- Staff discount in all of our JD stores;
- A job with a lot of room for personal initiative and development, where you will be encouraged to grow within the company;
- A fantastic challenge;
- The opportunity to work from home two days a week;
- The ideal job with a lot of (personal) responsibility;
- Full training on the job;
- There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the head office based in Aalsmeer and back from Schiphol.
We hope that your interest has been piqued. If so please send your application/questions in English via the form below.
An integrity check register over the warning of the Foundation Approach Retail Fraud is part of the application.